Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boston, Baby!

Hello, everyone! I am back from a professional trip to Boston. It was my first time visiting this city. To be honest, I had a preconceived notion of Bostonians that included envisioning very cold, snobbish people in general. Now, there have been plenty of times in my life when I have been wrong, but, man, I was soooo wrong about Boston people. Every interaction with Boston residents, from young college-students, to hard-worn working men, involved automatic courtesy and a willingness and openness to help a visitor to their city.
I have grown up and lived in the suburbs for the majority of my life. The cities with which I have some familiarity include Philadelphia, New York, Denver, and now Boston. What I have noticed is that every big city has its own feel. Boston had a "small town" feel in a big city. I really enjoyed my trip and am thankful to all those Bostonians that helped me find my way and were just generally courteous. What a great city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments very welcome and appreciated!!