Saturday, May 23, 2009

Purpose Driven in Darkness


The more I watch the news and work with children under five who have experienced more trauma than most adults, the more dedicated I become to a greater purpose. I know I am not the only one as I see through blogs that I follow as well as people that I've met, there are many of us who strive to do some good on this Earth. It is a blessing to be a force for love and compassion and a gift to be working towards this. The darker the room, the more a single flame can light it up.

There is no perfection when striving to be a force for good because we are all human. However, it is a choice to live for a better world. It starts with loving and being good to ourselves. Mother Theresa, an icon of compassion and love, described every step she took as blissful because she was full of love. Another quote of hers is, "Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired." It begins with loving ourselves and then letting it radiate outwards. Therefore, instead of feeling despair when reminded of all the darkness in the world, remember it as a wake-up call to be part of the cure.

Even the smallest of kind acts to the smallest of creatures matters.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful words to start my day.
    hugs and kisses to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments very welcome and appreciated!!