Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friday Shoot-Out Texture





Sorry I am late!! Here are my pictures for this week's theme of texture. I loved this choice and really like the idea of trying to capture texture through photography. Texture is typically a tactile sense so the job of the photo is to let the viewer have the tactile experience through a visual element. That is the real challenge for the photographer. I know that I did not master this and will continue to work in this area.

I really love photography and love being part of the friday shoot out to see everyone's different styles. I do have my favorites, too, of the friday shooters. Some of you shooters do some incredible work!! One question I have is what is the ideal number of photos for these posts? Most of the time I do 3 to 5 but would do more if that is what would work better.

The photos I have included are, a "by the side of the road" shot that I thought had interesting textures, a "trees" shot because I think that trees have such varying and interesting textures, a shot from the National Zoo in Washington because seals skin are interesting in terms of texture, and a shot of water that had an interesting texture in its dips and currents. I can't wait to do more! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. The first and last ones are my favorites.

    I don't think it matters how many photos you post, as long as you have fun doing what you are doing, then it works beautifully.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is my favorite. I'm not sure of the ideal amount of pictures to post, what ever works for you. I always think i post too many

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! I think your love of taking pictures of flowers is like my love of taking pictures of trees -- except mine all end up looking alike haha. This tree image is just splendid :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments very welcome and appreciated!!