Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Value of Staying Silly


I hope that everyone had a Happy St. Patty's Day!! Working in a Kindergarten, I get to witness many adults acting somewhat "silly", dressing up for the holiday. I love it! Any excuse to remember our childlike side is wonderful. One of my main philosophies is that people let go of the wrong aspects of themselves as they grow older more "mature." The ability to be lighthearted is a huge strength. Whether it is just remembering your own sense of humor or letting down your guard to be silly, it can be such a huge stress relief and may open up the channels of creativity inside you. I will admit some "silly" things that I do: I like to dance around the apartment to music and I also make up songs that I sing to my cat, Magnum. What have you let go about yourself that you would like to get back? What are you waiting for? Here is a picture of Johnnie being silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments very welcome and appreciated!!